4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups (1 L) peeled cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch/1 cm pieces)
2 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1/4 cup (60 mL) chicken broth
6 nuggets Europe’s Best® Chef's Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped toasted pecans
1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
1. Heat large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook bacon for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly crisp. Add butternut squash, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Cook for about 3 minutes or until squash is tender-crisp.
3. Stir in chicken broth.
4. Reduce to heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 7 minutes or until squash is tender.
5. Add spinach, cook for about 2 minutes or until spinach is heated through.
6. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.