450g (1lb) penne pasta
50mL (¼ cup) olive oil
50mL (¼ cup) finely chopped garlic
3 anchovy fillets, packed in olive oil, chopped
400g (1 bag) Europe’s Best® Tuscan Inspired Blend Vegetables, cooked according to package directions
300g (1 bag) Europe’s Best Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers Parilla, cooked according to package directions
125mL (½ cup) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus additional for garnish
125mL (½ cup) shredded fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
Salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes to taste
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water.
2. Reserve ½ cup (125mL) pasta cooking water and drain pasta. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large deep skillet over medium heat.
4. Add garlic. Reduce heat to medium low and cook gently, without browning the garlic, about 3 minutes.
5. Add anchovies and stir.
6. Continue cooking on low, about 5 minutes.
7. Add pasta and remaining ingredients.
8. Add reserved hot pasta water, about 1 tbsp (15mL) at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
9. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Serve.