250 mL (1 cup) All Purpose Flour
50 mL (1/4 cup) cocoa
150 mL (2/3 cup) icing sugar
125 mL (1/2 cup) butter, cut into chunks
1 egg yolk
30 mL (2 tbsp) heavy cream
750 mL (3 cups) Europe's Best® Select Raspberries, frozen
1 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
150 mL (2/3 cup) heavy cream
500 g (16 oz) white chocolate, chopped
1. Combine flour, cocoa and icing sugar in medium sized bowl. Cut in butter until pea sized lumps appear. Mix in egg yolk and heavy cream. Knead gently on floured board until a soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Press dough into bottom and up sides of 10” (25cm) flan pan or springform pan with removable sides. Prick with fork and line with parchment paper. Fill with pie weights. Bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper and pie weights and continue baking 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire rack.
3. Combine vanilla and cream and heat cream until boiling on top of double boiler. Add white chocolate and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
4. Place frozen raspberries in a single layer on bottom of baked tart shell. Cover with chocolate filling. Chill at least 1 hour.
• Don't have pie weights? Use dried beans or uncooked rice.