15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
500 g (1 pkg) Europe's Best® Mediterranean Diced Delite, frozen vegetables
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
500 mL (1 carton) Egg Creations™ Original liquid eggs, well shaken
16 slices whole wheat bread
125 mL (1/2 cup) pesto (store bought or homemade)
16 slices smoked or regular mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 9" by 13" (3 L) baking dish.
2. Sautée vegetables and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables have softened. Drain vegetables before adding to egg mixture.
3. Combine liquid eggs and cooked vegetables in a medium bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cool. Cut into 8 slices.
4. Spread pesto on bread slices. Cover the bottom slice with a slice of cheese then with egg slice and another slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread, pesto side down.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush 1 side of bread with olive oil. Arrange sandwiches oiled side down in skillet. Brush top side with oil. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted, pressing down occasionally with spatula, about 3 minutes per side.
• To use a panini maker, heat and place sandwiches on grill. Cook until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.