300 mL (1 can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
125 mL (1/2 cup) lemon juice
4 eggs, beaten
15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon zest
4 eggs, separated
50 mL (1/4 cup) lemon juice
150 mL (2/3 cup) sugar
5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
5 mL (1 tsp) lemon zest
175 mL (3/4 cup) Cake and Pastry Flour, sifted
4 mL (3/4 tsp) baking powder
250 mL (1 cup) icing sugar
30-45 mL (2-3 tbsp) lemon juice
600 g (1 pkg) Europe’s Best® Select Raspberries, frozen
50 mL (1/4 cup) sugar
1. Combine condensed milk, lemon juice and eggs in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Strain filling into a bowl and stir in zest. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a 10” x 15” (25 cm x 40 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper.3. Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in zest and remaining dry ingredients. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into batter. Spread batter evenly over pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven 13-15 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from pan. Immediately invert cake onto tea towel and remove parchment paper. Starting from the shorter side, roll up hot cake in tea towel. Cool on rack.
5. Unroll cooled cake and spread with filling. Roll up cake.
6. Combine ingredients. Drizzle over cake. Refrigerate cake until ready to eat. Cake can be made and assembled up to 2 days in advance.
7. Place frozen raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes. Pour sauce through a strainer to remove seeds. Keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator until ready to use.