15mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
5mL (1 tsp) curry powder (optional)
400g (1 bag) Europe's Best® Roasted Gourmet Fire Roasted Sweet Potato Slices, frozen
1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
50mL (¼ cup) cilantro, chopped, plus additional for garnish if desired
Cream or milk if desired
Salt and Pepper to taste
Roasted Pepper Rouille:
300g (1 bag) Europe’s Best Roasted Gourmet Grilled Red And Yellow Pepper Parrilla, cooked according to package directions, skins removed
½ clove garlic, minced
50mL (¼ cup) Spectrum Olive Oil Extra Virgin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil over high heat in large saucepan.
2. Add onion, garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper.
3. Cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
4. Add frozen Sweet Potatoes and stir.
5. Add stock and cilantro and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
7. Let cool slightly.
8. Remove 6 slices of potato for garnish and puree remaining soup in blender in batches if necessary.
9. Thin with milk or cream if desired.
10. Place peppers, garlic, salt and pepper in blender container.
11. Add 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil and blend.
12. Add additional olive oil while blender is running to achieve a spreading consistency.
• To serve, place soup in bowls. Swirl rouille into soup, creating a marbling effect. Garnish with reserved sweet potato and cilantro if desired.